Newspaper is a WordPress theme that lets you write articles and blog posts with ease.
We offer great support and friendly help!
The Newspaper template is excellent for a news, newspaper, magazine, publishing or review site. It also supports videos from YouTube and features a rating system. So far, we have the theme integrated with bbPress Forum, BuddyPress, Buddy Press, and WooCommerce. It uses the best clean SEO practices, and on top of that, it’s fast, simple, and easy to use. In addition, Newspaper supports responsive Google Ads and AdSense.
A word about speed:
This is the fastest newspaper theme available. We spent a considerable amount of time tweaking every aspect of the theme to perform at it’s absolute best.
All the queries are hand inspected to be optimal, all the images and resources are carefully compress to make the site load blazing fast and all the scripts are profiled and modified to run at top speed.
Custom bbpress styling + custom login system – you can now build a community with ease.
Custom auto scaling content blocks – a block changes it’s structure to work perfectly (in sidebar, full width or pages with sidebar)
Responsive Google AdSense support via our custom admin panel – the scripts loads a different google adsense spot for each screen size. Once it’s loaded it doesn’t modify it in order to be 100% compliant with Google adSense TOS.
Responsive ads support – for ad networks that allow multiple ad spots on the same div or if you want to show your own ads on different devices. This option will change the ad spot on the fly, for example when a tablet is changed from landscape to portrait. (the header banner from the demo site is using this system)
Inline Google AdSense or other ads after a predefined number of paragraphs
Auto youtube, dailymotion and vimeo thumb downloader – just paste a youtube url and the site will download the largest image available from the clip automatically and it will set it as a featured image. Very easy to add videos to articles.
Built in review system (stars, percents, points)
SEO: Schema with rich snippet microdata for articles and reviews
Built in translation support from our admin panel. No more .po .mo files, you just get a form with all the strings from the theme and the corresponding translations.
Multi Language site support via the free qTranslate plugin. All from wp-admin.
Google fonts – change the fonts easy from the Theme panel
Sticky navigation menu – with option to enable, disable or enable only on big screens (not on phones)
Each category has:
8 category templates styles
12 category top posts styles – each with 7 unique grid styles
19 custom module style (loop style)
custom background image
custom sidebar + position(left, full, right)
Unlimited sidebars – each post, page, category can have it’s own sidebar. Also the author, search, tag, blog index templates all have custom sidebars
Built in related posts based on tags, author or category
Easy Google analytics support (just paste the code in our admin)
improvement: we updated Visual Composer to the latest version
improvement: updated Revolution Slider to the latest version
Version 7.7 – February 3rd, 2017
new: this theme version has support for block templates and it comes with 17 bundled templates. A block template can change the appearance of a blocks title, pagination and more. The global block template will also affect the way comments, related posts and widgets look and feel.
new: widgets can use block templates that are different from the global one that is selected in the panel
new: options for google font weights and styles. The theme will only load the needed font weights and styles from now on
misc: author box is added as a widget now
misc: added footer social icons color option
misc: archive widget style
misc: The Header Style section from Theme Panel was redesigned with icons to be more user friendly
misc: image box block now supports custom gaps between pictures and custom heights
misc: widgets can now use an image upload control. The first widget to use this is the imagebox widget
misc: google fonts now always load as one file
misc: theme panel layout and spacing is much improved now
misc: inline ad displays at the last paragraph whenever there are not as many paragraphs mentioned in After Paragraph field and the article bottom ad is not active
misc: we updated the list of compatible plugins in the theme
fix: update the instagram icon
fix: pulldown filter alignment on category template 8
fix: image caption link on smartlists was not working
fix: the tagline from the text logo
fix: instagram widget on the boxed version was overflowing
fix: the password reset link that was sent from our login modal window was not working
fix: for buddypress styling issue – members, activity, groups pages and search form
fix: we switched to https all the post sharing links
fix: the mobile theme did not load the translations from the theme’s .po .mo files
fix: the not secured warning in chrome only appears now when the login box is opened
fix: theme action error in the status panel when the theme is already activated
fix: featured images from vimeo videos are now larger
fix: ajax login works now via https
fix: the sample plugin that shows how to add new modules and blocks works as expected now. It was giving a fatal error
new: author block – this block shows the author picture, socials and description. All in a nice and customizable design.
new: image box block – this block is not just a simple image, it can be used to create banners, show featured categories with custom images or just to show some images. It’s auto adjusting and fully customizable.0
fix: overlapping of Visual Composer and Newspaper tooltips while editing a page after the first install
misc: various core code refactoring and optimizations.
misc: better theme documentation and better help text in panel
misc: added used on for thumbnails in theme panel
misc: file path and names are now visible on each module, smart list, template etc on hover
UPDATE NOTICE: Please note that this version does not work with legacy Visual Composer versions.
new: support for facebook featured videos. If a video from facebook is set as featured, the theme can automatically download the thumb and generate the embed player.
new: login, register and forgot password ajax windows, a complete and more modern redesign.
new: added support for full height rows, column position and content position on them in Visual Composer.
new: added support for parallax speed on rows
new: added support for equal height inner rows and content placement
new: fixed the blocks ajax filters. Now when padding is added from the design tab, the ajax filters will work as expected
new: setting to hide the author name on modules and on single posts independently. Previously there was only one global setting.
misc: we cleaned the theme panel and the code is more organized now
misc: all the blocks now show a notice to admins on the frontend when there are missing settings that are required.
misc: all the advertising blocks now support an ad title
misc: various google webmaster structured data issues have been fixed
misc: the main theme loader is smoother now
misc: added class to comment titles
misc: we changed the way templates detect the Visual Composer plugin. The detection method is based on VC_ROW and it only triggers when VC_ROW is found in the content. This allows one to use shortcodes in the default templates that have sidebar + title.
fix: bookmarklet missing on mobile theme
fix: vertical sidebar text on admin tinymce editor
new: whatsapp share for article on mobile devices
new: added http channel test status in the system status panel. You can now check if the theme is able to get the tweet count, like count etc from your host.
new: filter posts by ID in blocks. You can add/exclude specific posts on all the blocks now.
new: the theme now has it’s own logging system. We can now debug hosting issues easier.
new: a new self diagnosting and self configurating module that allows our theme to pull data from other sites more reliably.
fix: smart list 7 and 8 – sometimes the content was doubled
fix: g+ new icon
misc: video playlist is now more reliable and all the code is loaded only when needed via autoload. The youtube videos information is now collected using just one API call instead of multiple API calls for each videos.
misc: speedbooster 4.2 now supports woocommerce better and moves the style.css to the bottom
misc: the theme panel works better now when adblock is used
misc: all the ajax functionality of the theme is now loaded only when needed
misc: better security checks on all the ajax requests
misc: html is allowed now in the copyright section of the footer
misc: social counter button is clickable on the entire area
misc: the theme’s data source class can now be overwritten from the child theme
misc: all the widgets from the theme are now optimized to work better. The widget_builder class is now deprecated and all the functionality was moved to td_block_widget
misc: the video playlist now downloads the videos metadata on render, not on save post. This allows us to use the playlist on the on click demos.
misc: the following modules of the theme are loaded on demand now: td_log, td_remote_http, td_remote_video, td_data_source, td_video_support, td_more_article_box, td_page_views, td_review, td_ajax. This means that the theme loads them only when needed. We mesured a 10% faster load time after this tweak.
fix: theme animations where incompatible with some plugins and the visual composer gallery. The animations still worked but all of them looked a bit strange.
fix: bug with the demo loader – the dinamic css for a specific demo was still loaded even after the demo was uninstall
fix: header style 8 top submenu z-index fix
fix: image aligment issue when using custom article paddings
fix: the documentation url for demos was wrong in wp-admin
fix: we updated the ads links to point to the right documentation
fix: Social counter now shows the followers instead of +1 on google plus. Please update your social counter to see the improvement.
fix: styling issues with the latest version of BuddyPress
fix: on rare ocassions with some plugins the theme was emitting warnings in the server logs like: “Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string”
fix: error that was showing up in logs when the theme panel was saved
new: You can now show in all the blocks and widgets site wide popular articles in the last days provided by the Jetpack plugin
new: All the block widgets now show the name of the block and the title of the block in the WordPress widgets panel. Now it’s very easy to see what blocks you are using and where. Huge thanks to @shubhra from our forums!
new: each demo now uses a separate css generator for that modifies the appearance of the theme. The theme now generates just the required css to for each demo.
new: Cars demo
new: mobile menu colors can be changed via Theme Panel
new: smart list 8 with dropdown list
new: ad spot used for the Smart list 8
new: Visual Composer was updated to the latest version. Please not that if you are using tabs, the new visual composer has a different shortcode for them and a completely new HTML structure.
fix: smooth scroll was no longer working on chrome since 6.4. Not it works just like before.
fix: we added the alt tag to placeholder feature images and the thumb disabled images
fix: paragraphs in comments on posts and in wooCommerce now have appropriate spacing
fix: smart list 4 with small content it was not clearing the content and the images where strange. Now it works as expected
fix: it was not possible to install our wooCommerce plugins from our plugins panel due to a typo
fix: Woordpress typo in social media panel
fix: smart list 3 issues with H4 and other headers. It was producing invalid HTML
fix: breadcrumbs click on post template 4 was not working
fix: header style 8 + custom menu colors or custom backgrounds now works as expected
fix: on post pages if the author box was hidden, the theme was sometimes producing invalid author links
fix: possible function name collision of our gallery filter. Thanks to @denimology form our forum for this suggestion.
fix: tabs widget from VC, the shortcode was changed in the latest VC version and it lose the theme style
fix: ads css we moved the align spacing from container to ads itself
fix: non adsense ads can be disabled responsive using the panel options
fix: alignment issue when disable top social on some post templates
fix: the views from the iOS slider now hide when the site wide option to hide views is active
fix: author mail address now autoappends mailto: if needed
fix: inline ads work as expected now. When html content was before the first paragraph in articles, the ad was rendered inside the paragraph
misc: added better explications in the ads panel, we fixed all the links to point to the relevant documentation and we also rewrote the documentation to be better.
misc: block 21 is now also available as a widget. It works very well in sidebars and has a good look
misc: the backend editor style that is used in TinyMCE no longer compiles on demand. We ship a ready compiled css and this makes the editor load faster.
new: this is the first version of our ajax preloader. The preloader loads the ajax subcategories on the initial pageload, this provides a better user experience and in some cases a better performance if the initial page is cache.
new: all categories now have an option for infinite loading + load more instead of pagination
new: 2 new smart lists templates (smart list 6 and 7)
new: 2 new ad spots used for smart lists (smart list 6 and 7)
new: 2 new post style template (style 12, 13)
new: demo – Travel
new: demo – Health & Fitness
new: footer background option in Theme Panel -> Footer
new: wooCommerce invoicing plugin
new: wooCommerce label maker plugin with support for label Dymo label printer
fix: default and custom ad size not working for tablet landscape
fix: on the ad block the sidebar ad spot cannot be selected since the last visual composer update
fix: IMPORTANT security issue with the ajax code that handles the sidebars.
fix: issue with ajax subcategories. If you clicked them fast enough there was a chance that they will desynchronized with the content, showing the wrong content.
fix: block 18 css fix for large image sizes
misc: mega menu ajax loading now works smoother and the animation is top to bottom
misc: infinite loader now has a loading animation
misc: we improved the loading animation, when needed it’s smaller and it looks better
misc: added link to user page on login widget from top menu
[ Version 6.3.3 ] - August 18, 2015
- fixed deprecated widget constructor warning in WordPress 4.3 RC
[ Version 6.3.2 ] - July 30, 2015
- fix: the theme api code is more compact now, using just one file
- fix: the patch from 6.3 to 6.3.1 was broken. In this realease we added a patch that will bring your theme up to date from 6.3 or 6.3.1
- fix: warning showing up in logs on rare occasions when the panel was saved
- fix: the sliders load now only when the images are downloaded, up until now the slider appeared broken for a split second until the images where ready
- fix: incorrect link on live search when category tag is enable on Module MX2
[ Version 6.3.1 ] - July 28th, 2015
UPDATE NOTICE: Please update visual composer to the latest version
- new: Continuing our move to a more developer friendly theme, now on all custom post types you can select the sidebar position and the sidebar on a per post basis. This is very useful to customize the layout of pages added by plugins that use Custom Post Types. Want a new sidebar with custom widgets on that custom post type? Boom! it can be done now. Ok we found that some of the plugins register custom post types and use the page template, instead of the single template, if that's the case we recommend that you take one of the single templates and rename it to single-plugins_custom_post_type.php. You can generally find the custom post type used by the plugin via our CPT panel.
- improvement: this update brings the start of a new system that will load only the required CSS. In this first step we switched the WooCommerce css to the new system and it's loaded only when it's required. With time as we make sure that the system is stable, we will move all the plugin css externally and more
- improvement:HTML is now allow on the author box on the author page
- improvement: we updated the visual composer plugin to the latest version.
- improvement: the theme panel was improved and it now supports plugins, with time we are hoping to add panels for the social counter and speedbooster plugins
- fix: all the metadata exposed by the theme was audited and we fixed all the issues found. The new Google Metadata Testing Tool was updated and it reported some missing metadata.
- fix: custom post types now load the default WordPress single.php or single-CPT.php regardless of the global single post template setting.
- fix: WooCommerce single template was not applying the correct sidebar position and sidebar from theme panel
- fix: on the pagebuilder + loop template when you selected a category the pagination was showing a warning
- fix: view all results when searching was returning a page with the two words marged instead of separated
[ Version 6.3 ] - July 15th, 2015
- new: Custom Posts Types panel - from here you can customize the single for specific custom post types. For example you can choose what taxonomy to use for breadcrumbs, the category spot and the tags spot.
- new: Custom taxonomy panel - customize the module used for listings, the sidebar position and sidebar for each taxonomy.
- new: taxonomy.php - all the taxonomy archives are handled by that file
- new: single templates that can be easily ported to custom post types by just copying them to something like single-YourCPT.php
- improvement:better child theme support. The blocks, modules, single template, all WordPress templates, some core components and single loops are now easily overwritten via the child theme
- fix: demo installer error when the uploads folder doesn't have the requiered permisions
- fix: smooth scroll was not working on chrome.
[ Version 6.2.1 ] - July 6th, 2015
- fix: incompatibility with WordPress SEO by Yoast. The title of the homepage was unchangeable via wp seo
[ Version 6.2 ] - June 22th, 2015
- fix: images are new resized properly on default and style 2 single post templates. New if you resize an image using tinyMCE, it will appear the same on the front end.
- fix: smart lists + yoast analytics incompatibility
- fix: import demos with default black headers color
- fix: unclickable breadcrumbs on Category Template Style 8
- fix: breadcrumb empty space if you hide it on post template style 3 with background
- fix: hover color on username on default wordpress comments
- fix: pull quote css fix - the quotes where appearing in the wrong order
- fix: woocommerce typography space issue
- fix: twitter embed appearance
- improvement: the theme now downloads bigger vimeo thumbnails when available
- improvement: child theme now has a version, useful for cache busting
- improvement: trending now label can now be customized with background color and text color
- improvement: add translation for 'of'
- improvement: now you can login/register to post a comment directly from the comment section
- improvement: now in Mega Menu Page support lists and WP Custom Menus
[ Version 6.1 ] - June 20th, 2015
- improvement: added global colour for block headers in General theme colors section
- improvement: now you can change the fonts on Lists in post content from Theme panel
- improvement: added .screen-reader-text class for better usability
- improvement: visual composer updated to the latest version
- improvement: better documentation + first video tutorials
- fix: UI improvements, key images now have a specified height, this prevents repaints and it makes the page appear that it loads faster
- fix: unique articles work now as expected
- fix: better review import from version 4
- fix: speed booster 4.1 works better now + buddyPress fix
- fix: big grids on iOS where missing titles until touch
- fix: block 20 css fix + speed booster
- fix: content bottom and top content ads css fix for safari, firefox and IE
- fix: various css fixes
- fix: social counter instagram
- fix: main menu z-index
- fix: missing Ajax filter option for IOS slider
- fix: visual composer single image block alignment issues
- fix: space issue when turn off the top menu on header style 12
- fix: the ajax dropdown filter sometimes disappeared when the mouse was moved down to select ca category
- fix: ajax filter - was deselecting all the selected filters from the page on click
- fix: better alignment on reviews
More info about Newspaper
Built for newspaper sites, article sites and review sites
Custom colors, selectable for each category
Fast loading newspaper section
Simple to use – basically all the newspaper sections are customizable from the admin. You can have different layouts for each newspaper category.
Ideal for article sites, review sites, news, newspaper and more
Newspaper is fast
The theme is blazing fast. It’s really incredible how fast the pages built with Newspaper load. As you know, speed is very important when building a site so we’ve spent a huge amount of time optimizing this theme for Newspaper to load extremely fast.
Long time support and development
We can easily send updates to themeforest each time we make an improvement so with each purchase you will fund the further development of this newspaper theme.
Small number of external scripts
Good coding practice and naming conventions
All the html used is HTML 5 valid and it’s incredibly easy to work with.