Turn your WordPress media library to the next level with folders / categories. Get organized with thousands of images. Organize media into folders.
RML (Real Media Library) is one of the most wanted media
wordpress plugins. It is easy to use and it allows you to organize
your thousands of images in folders. It is similar to wordpress categories like in the posts.
Use your mouse (or touch) to drag and drop your files.
Create, rename, delete or reorder your folders If you want to select a image from the “Select a image”-dialog (e. g. featured image) you can filter when inserting media. Just install this plugin and it works fine with all your image and media files. It also supports multisite.
If you buy, you get: Forever FREE updates and high quality and fast support.
Envato Market licensing: Extended license doesnt cover multiple uses. You need to purchase a regular or an extended license for every site.
WP Real Media Library is a WordPress plugin that allows you to easily manage your media library in your blog. Using this plugin, youll be able to organize the thousands of images, audio, video, and PDF files in your media library in folders. Basically, its like WordPress categories for your media library.
Why do you need this plugin? Well, having a growing WordPress blog means that youll be adding a lot of new media files, like images, audio, and PDF, into your database every day. In a few weeks, your blog will be filled with thousands of media files. How are you going to find one of those files at a later time?
Of course, you can use the WordPress search function and spend a couple of hours finding a file, but who can even remember the names of thousands of files and what happens then?
Thats where the WP Real Media Library plugin comes in. With this plugin, you can easily create gallery folders for your images and normal folders for other media files to properly organize your media library. So that next time whenever you need to find a file, its only a mouse-click away.
Organizing your blog media files with WP Real Media Library plugin is as easy as dragging and dropping the files into folders. Then you can rearrange the order of your files by dragging them around to bring the important files to the top of the list for quicker access.
The Tree View of your folders will also make things easier for you to quickly find specific folders in a split-second.
In addition, you can use the WP Real Media Library plugin to insert media galleries to your posts directly from the WordPress New Post editor. This will allow you to insert an entire media folder into your WordPress posts as a customizable gallery.
WP Real Media Library is a must-have WordPress plugin that will help save you a ton of time that goes into managing your media files.
Folders for the WordPress media library
Drag & Drop your files
Create shortcuts of files. Shortcuts doesn’t need any physical storage (0kb). Note also that the fields in the shortcuts can be different to the original file, for example “Title”, “Description” or “Caption”.
Full control for your folders in one toolbar (create, rename, delete, rearrange)
Filter in insert media dialog
Upload files directly to a folder
Create dynamic gallery from folder
Custom image order for the dynamic galleries (drag & drop)
Compatible with Revolution Slider
Compatible with touch devices
6 months support Included
Forever free updates
As you can see from the screenshots RML (Real Media Library) supports three different folder types:
The normal folder: A folder can contain every type of file and collections, but no galleries. If you want to create a subfolder simply select a folder from the list and click this button.
The collection: A collection can contain no files. But you can create there other collections and galleries. The mentioned above gallery is only a gallery data folder, that means they are not automatically in your frontend (your website). You can create a visual gallery from this gallery data folder via the Visual Editor in your page/post.
The gallery folder: A gallery data folder can only contain images. It is simplier for you to distinguish where your visual galleries are. You can also order the images into a custom image order per drag&drop.
If I move images around in my folders will they still be referenced correctly on the frontend wordpress site? Yes, do not worry about references.
How do I update to a newer version of RML? Very simple: deactivate and delete the old version and upload the new version. The folders stay the same.
Is there a way to select multiple files to be put into a folder? Just use the bulk select Button in media grid. If you are using table mode check the entries and move.
When i create a post i want to select an image from a specific folder, can i do this with this plugin? Yes, you can filter in a insert-dialog with the dropdown beside the search.
Why three different folder types? This provides a better overview. You can simply distinguish where your image galleries are.
Does it work with my Revolution Slider? Yes.
I have WPML installed, the number of images in the folder does not match the number of shown images? Yes, in WPML you see your uploaded files depending on your current admin language. WPML says “This language selector determines which content to display. You can choose items in a specific language or in all languages.” > Set it to “All languages” in the admin toolbar.
Does the plugin work with my current images and files? Yes, just install and play.
Does the plugin touch the file structure? No.
Does the plugin change the image URLs? No.
Does it work with WooCommerce? Yes.
Installation and Compatibility
If you buy this item you will become an introduction how to install the plugin.
The real media library is compatible with all wordpress themes and plugins. For example: You bought a theme on themeforest like the X Theme, Avada, Bridge, Salient, Be Theme or Enfold? No Problem! It also works great with Visual Composer, Justified Image Grid and Slider Revolution.
WP RML with Justified Image Grid
Justified Image Grid (external premium plugin): With the obvious visual advantage of JIG, a more important feature was created. The ability to show and traverse from any selected point of the RML tree. You can select folders and collections to display, not just galleries. JIG creates virtual pages according to the tree and allows navigation using a breadcrumb. Learn more
WP RML with Physical Custom Upload Folder
Do you know the wp-content/uploads folder? There, the files are stored in year/month based folders. This can be a very complicated and mass process, especially when you are working with a FTP client like FileZilla. Learn more
WP RML with WP/LR Lightroom plugin
WP/LR Sync is a Lightroom Publish Service for WordPress. It helps you to publish / export your photos and collections to WordPress and to keep them synchronized. Any changes on your photos (including your metadata) or your collections will trigger a re-publish. Your website will be always in sync with your Lightroom. Learn more
20 April 2017 - Version 3.0
- Added feature to create shortcuts and put images in multiple folders, like you already know from your operating system
- Removed popups
- Fixed bug with changing the folder location in grid view attachment details dialog
- Fixed bug with Polylang while moving a translation file
- Fixed bug with WPML while moving a translation file
- Fixed bug with count cache after uploading a new file
- Fixed performance bug with the count cache
- (developers only) Added API function wp_rml_create_shortcuts()
- (developers only) Added API function wp_rml_created_shortcuts_last_ids()
- (developers only) Added API function wp_attachment_ensure_source_file()
- (developers only) Added API function wp_attachment_has_shortcuts()
- (developers only) Added API function wp_attachment_get_shortcuts()
- (developers only) Added API function wp_attachment_is_shortcut()
25 March 2017 - Version 2.8.6 HOTFIX
- Fixed bug with PHP < 5.6
24 March 2017 - Version 2.8.5
- Fixed bug with styles and scripts
- Fixed bug with rearrange
- (developers only) Minify scripts / css for prepared shortcut functionality
22 March 2017 - Version 2.8.4
- Added https://matthias-web.com as author url
- Improved the way of rearrange mode, the folders gets expand after 700ms of hover
- Fixed bugs with absolute pathes and slugs of folders, if you have problems, please rename the first level folders to regenerate
- (developers only) Added getPlain() method to IFolder interface to get a normal array for the folder properties
- (developers only) Prepared readable REST API for folders
14 February 2017 - Version 2.8.3
- Added new permission "par" to restrict the change of parent folder
- Fixed bug with korean characters in folder names
- Removed icon when a folder has a restriction (WP/LR)
- (developers only) Added api/IFolder.interface.php and more API functions
- (developers only) Improved the OOP: Added getters/setters
- (developers only) Improved code quality by using own API functions
03 February 2017 - Version 2.8.2
- Fixed bug with migration in multisite installations
- Fixed bug with Facebook hint in plugins site
- (developers only) Fixed XSS vulnerability (this bug can only be used by folder creators, no visitors)
- (developers only) Fixed bug with MLA class dependency
20 January 2017 - Version 2.8.1
- Added v2.7.2 stable for older PHP versions to the codecanyon download files
- Fixed bug with permission system for WP/LR extension
- Fixed bug with the migration system for WP multisite
15 January 2017 - Version 2.8
- Added more useful error messages when changing the hierarchical order of the folders
- Added confirm dialog when you sort the files inside the folder
- Improved the performance
- Improved the way of relocating the folder tree (immediatly saved after relocating)
- Improved the way of sortable folder content (galleries), now it is possible to reorder files in every folder
- Improved naming of folders, every character is now allowed, the folder name is sanitized
- Improved the folder metadata dialog and refresh the view if needed (button click in dialog)
- Fixed bug while uploading a new plugin .zip file
- (developers only) Added autoloading for php classes
- (developers only) Added namespaces for php classes
- (developers only) Added new abstract class for Creatable's (folders, collections, galleries, ...)
- (developers only) Added new abstract class for Sortable's (folders, collections, galleries, ...) extends Creatable's
- (developers only) Added folder\Root as own class
- (developers only) Added debug mode, define('WP_DEBUG', true); and define('SCRIPT_DEBUG', true); in wp-config.php
- (developers only) Added visible debug mode in options panel
- (developers only) Added API function wp_rml_create_or_return_existing_id()
- (developers only) Added API function wp_rml_structure_reset()
- (developers only) Added admin notice for when you have PHP Version < 5.3.0
- (developers only) Improved the whole API and added wp_rml_get_object_by_id() to get folder object
- (developers only) Improved the split between Structure and CountCache (php classes)
- (developers only) Improved the php code quality
- (developers only) Removed the database table wp_realmedialibrary_order, merged with wp_realmedialibrary_posts
- (developers only) Removed unnecessary sql query in pre_get_posts
- (developers only) Removed bid columns in database tables and added new index
10 December 2016 - Version 2.7.2
- Added option to reset the count cache
- Fixed bug with upload in modal window
- Fixed count cache when moving from Unorganized to folder
05 December 2016 - Version 2.7.1
- Added the MatthiasWeb promotion dialog
- Fixed bug with IE8
- Fixed bug with TinyMCE editor shortcode dialog
24 November 2016 - Version 2.7
- Added natural filename sort of folders (thanks to KorbinianT)
- Added lazy loading to folder tree, now it is only loaded from server when needed
- Added: You can now directly upload files to a folder with a dropdown selection in media modal and "Add Media" page
- Fixed bug with migration on multisite installation
- Fixed bug with modal views, now it also supports lazy loading
- Fixed bug with attachment movement helper (Move x file)
- Fxied bug with plugin "Visual Composer Extensions All In One" and the tooltips
- Improved the changelog file
- (developers only) Improved the actions RML/Folder/Deleted|Renamed|Moved
- (developers only) Fixed bug with jQuery AIO tree version when RCM is enabled
- (developers only) Fixed bug with api method wp_attachment_folder and the default value
- (developers only) Fixed bug with creating a new folder with new order number
- (developers only) Prepare RML for Physical Press plugin and avoid folder names "." and ".."
26 October 2016 - Version 2.6.5
- Fixed bug with Justified Image Grid
- Fixed bug with migration system, no image relationships were imported
21 October 2016 - Version 2.6.4
- Fixed bug while wipe of folders in multisite installation
- Fixed bug after save in attachment details
- Fixed problem with negative -1 count
- Fixed bug when switching folder when on page 2 in table mode
- Improved tabs in options panel of RML media options
- Improved the delete behaviour of folder (files will be moved to unorganized)
- (developers only) Added a migration system for further updates
- (developers only) Added filter for parent root folder id (Default -1)
- (developers only) Fixed the usage of switch_to_blog together with api functions
- (developers only) Improved some CSS experiences (loader)
- (developers only) Improved the save point of relationship between folder and post (own database table for relationships)
25 September 2016 - Version 2.6.3
- Improved some CSS
- Fixed bug while bulk select and moving files
- Fixed bug with reopening a media select dialog
- Fixed bug with Avia / Enfold page builder
- Fixed bug with reordering the gallery data folder
- Removed deprecated ressource files
16 September 2016 - Version 2.6.2 HOTFIX
- Fixed database tables are not generated, now they are
16 September 2016 - Version 2.6.1 HOTFIX
- (developers only) Fixed options bug while accessing other pages
15 September 2016 - Version 2.6
- Added full compatibility with WP/LR Lightroom plugin
- Added minified scripts / styles
- Added option to apply an order by title, filename, ID to gallery data folders
- Added option to disable scripts/styles on frontend viewing
- Added finnish translation (Thanks to Antti!)
- Fixed Enfold / Avia media picker bug (Thanks to Josh!)
- Fixed Thickbox bug while logged out
- Improved load performance
- Improved the order for gallery data folders
- (developers only) Added option for folders "restrict"
- (developers only) Added a minified permission system so 3rd party plugins can restrict folders interactions
19 August 2016 - Version 2.5.5
- Fixed capability bug while logged out
- (developers only) Fixed bug for crashed safari browser
08 August 2016 - Version 2.5.4
- Added option to remove advertisement links
- Fixed "Edit selection" bug while inserting media to post
21 July 2016 - Version 2.5.3
- (developers only) Fixed media.comparator bug
- (developers only) Fixed bugs with Easy Digital Downloads plugin
- (developers only) Fixed String.prototype problems
11 July 2016 - Version 2.5.2
- Added fixed toolbar while scrolling in media library
- Fixed problems with plugin "Formidable Forms"
- Fixed resize bug
- (developers only) Fixed WP query database notices in error log
- (developers only) Fixed count bug when many folders exist (performed SQL statement)
- (developers only) Improved API, wp_rml_create() now returns false or a string error array, on success it return an int (ID)
10 July 2016 - Version 2.5.1 HOTFIX
- Fixed shortcode builder [folder-gallery] did not work
03 July 2016 - Version 2.5
- Added folder tree to insert media dialog
20 June 2016 - Version 2.4.2
- Fixed TinyMCE bug when not admin
- Fixed style issues
- (developers only) Fixed PHP < 5.3 Bug with func_get_args
20 March 2016 - Version 2.4.1 HOTFIX
10 March 2016 - Version 2.4
- Added "Reamining time" and bytes/s in uploader
- Added order mode in galleries
- Added warning when moving files from "All Files"
- Improved move in table list mode (no page refresh)
- Improved ux styling (uploader, tree, tree in upload media dialog)
- Improved options panel in Settings > Media
- Fixed theme preview when plugin is active
- Fixed hidden folder nodes on safari browser
- Fixed usage of front-end editor in BeaverBuilder and Visual Composer
- (developers only) Added custom fields (meta data) for folders (see inc/api/meta.php)
- (developers only) Added custom field: cover image + description (not activated as standard, used in JIG)
- (developers only) Fixed database queries to avoid long load time on dashboard
- (developers only) Fixed bug pre_get_posts
10 March 2016 - Version 2.3
- Added compatibility with JUSTIFIED IMAGE GRID
- Added resizable container width
- Added option to wipe all settings and releations
- Added spanish translation - by Ana Ayelén Martínez. http://caribdisweb.com/
- Fixed edit mode when creating a new folder
- Fixed default order in folder gallery
- Fixed UX bugs (draggable, droppable, sortable)
- Fixed sticky sidebar
- (developers only) Added "slug" and "absolute" to database table
- (developers only) Added / updated api
26 Feburary 2016 - Version 2.2.3
- Added Finnish translation (thanks to palvelu)
- Added more attractive alerts and prompt windows
- Fixed visual bugs
- Fixed delete bug => when folder is deleted, switch view to root
- Fixed upload percentage issue
- Fixed live update of folder count
- Fixed upload in "Insert media" dialog => file is now in correct folder
- Fixed drag and drop experience
- Moved folder gallery button above visual editor into visual editor
- (developers only) added more actions and filters
20 January 2016 - Version 2.2.2 HOTFIX
- Bugfix error in creating a folder gallery
17 January 2016 - Version 2.2.1
- Added facebook advert on plugin activation
- Improved restyled upload window
- Fixed font awesome bug
- (developers only) added filters and actions
- (developers only) added three more api functions
29 December - Version 2.2
- Added sticky container when scrolling
- Added collection and galleries folder types
- Added collapsable folders
- Added left infos about folder structure
- Added option to hide upload preview (for slow loading pc's)
- Fixed conditional tag to create / sort items
- Fixed count bug (WPML)
- Fixed duplicate name
- (developers only) Added API functions (look inc/api/)
- (developers only) Fixed AJAX bug
- (developers only) PHP Code rewritten (better split in view and structure)
- (developers only) PHP Code documentation improved
22 November - Version 2.1.2
- Added french translation (thanks to Youpain)
- Fixed rename bug
- Fixed count bug when WPML in usage
13 November 2015 - Version 2.1.1
- (developers only) Removed unnecessary code
- (developers only) Fixed jquery conflict
07 November 2015 - Version 2.1
- Added multisite compatibility
- Fixed correct sorting (not alphabetic)
03 November 15 - Version 2.0
- (developers only) Support PHP version < 5.4
02 November 15 - Version 1.3
- Added nice uploading to folder
29 October 15 - Version 1.2
- Added notice about the alphabetic sorting
- (developers only) Fixed problems with RevSlider >= 5.0
21 October 15 - Version 1.1
- Fixed moving in list table
- Fixed style (drag and drop helper)
- Removed limit of folder gallery images
- (developers only) Fixed pre_get_posts appending meta_query
- (developers only) Added pre_get_posts capability check
16 October 15 - Version 1.0.1
- Improved rename without window reload
- Improved delete without window reload
- Fixed https:// resources for css and js files
9 October 2015 - Version 1.0
- Initial Release