Turn your WordPress media library to the next level with folders / categories. Get organized with thousands of images. Organize media into folders.
RML (Real Media Library) is one of the most wanted media
wordpress plugins. It is easy to use and it allows you to organize
your thousands of images in folders. It is similar to wordpress categories like in the posts.
Use your mouse (or touch) to drag and drop your files.
Create, rename, delete or reorder your folders If you want to select a image from the “Select a image”-dialog (e. g. featured image) you can filter when inserting media. Just install this plugin and it works fine with all your image and media files. It also supports multisite.
If you buy, you get: Forever FREE updates and high quality and fast support.
Envato Market licensing: Extended license doesn’t cover multiple uses. You need to purchase a regular or an extended license for every site.
WP Real Media Library is a WordPress plugin that allows you to easily manage your media library in your blog. Using this plugin, you’ll be able to organize the thousands of images, audio, video, and PDF files in your media library in folders. Basically, it’s like WordPress categories for your media library.
Why do you need this plugin? Well, having a growing WordPress blog means that you’ll be adding a lot of new media files, like images, audio, and PDF, into your database every day. In a few weeks, your blog will be filled with thousands of media files. How are you going to find one of those files at a later time?
Of course, you can use the WordPress search function and spend a couple of hours finding a file, but who can even remember the names of thousands of files and what happens then?
That’s where the WP Real Media Library plugin comes in. With this plugin, you can easily create gallery folders for your images and normal folders for other media files to properly organize your media library. So that next time whenever you need to find a file, it’s only a mouse-click away.
Organizing your blog media files with WP Real Media Library plugin is as easy as dragging and dropping the files into folders. Then you can rearrange the order of your files by dragging them around to bring the important files to the top of the list for quicker access.
The Tree View of your folders will also make things easier for you to quickly find specific folders in a split-second.
In addition, you can use the WP Real Media Library plugin to insert media galleries to your posts directly from the WordPress “New Post” editor. This will allow you to insert an entire media folder into your WordPress posts as a customizable gallery.
WP Real Media Library is a must-have WordPress plugin that will help save you a ton of time that goes into managing your media files.
Folders for the WordPress media library
Drag & Drop your files
Full control for your folders in one toolbar (create, rename, delete, rearrange)
Filter in insert media dialog
Upload files directly to a folder
Create dynamic gallery from folder
Custom image order for the dynamic galleries (drag & drop)
Compatible with Revolution Slider
Compatible with touch devices
6 months support Included
Forever free updates
As you can see from the screenshots RML (Real Media Library) supports three different folder types:
The normal folder: A folder can contain every type of file and collections, but no galleries. If you want to create a subfolder simply select a folder from the list and click this button.
The collection: A collection can contain no files. But you can create there other collections and galleries. The mentioned above gallery is only a gallery data folder, that means they are not automatically in your frontend (your website). You can create a visual gallery from this gallery data folder via the Visual Editor in your page/post.
The gallery folder: A gallery data folder can only contain images. It is simplier for you to distinguish where your visual galleries are. You can also order the images into a custom image order per drag&drop.
If I move images around in my folders will they still be referenced correctly on the frontend wordpress site? Yes, do not worry about references.
How do I update to a newer version of RML? Very simple: deactivate and delete the old version and upload the new version. The folders stay the same.
Is there a way to select multiple files to be put into a folder? Just use the “bulk select” Button in media grid. If you are using table mode check the entries and move.
When i create a post i want to select an image from a specific folder, can i do this with this plugin? Yes, you can filter in a insert-dialog with the dropdown beside the search.
Why three different folder types? This provides a better overview. You can simply distinguish where your image galleries are.
Does it work with my Revolution Slider? Yes.
I have WPML installed, the number of images in the folder does not match the number of shown images? Yes, in WPML you see your uploaded files depending on your current admin language. WPML says “This language selector determines which content to display. You can choose items in a specific language or in all languages.” > Set it to “All languages” in the admin toolbar.
Does the plugin work with my current images and files? Yes, just install and play.
Does the plugin touch the file structure? No.
Does the plugin change the image URLs? No.
Does it work with WooCommerce? Yes.
What should i do if the plugin does not work correct after version update? Please clear the browser cache by reloading the page (CTRL + R).
Installation and Compatibility
If you buy this item you will become an introduction how to install the plugin.
The real media library is compatible with all wordpress themes and plugins. For example: You bought a theme on themeforest like the X Theme, Avada, Bridge, Salient, Be Theme or Enfold? No Problem! It also works great with Visual Composer, Justified Image Grid and Slider Revolution.
WP RML with Justified Image Grid
Justified Image Grid (external premium plugin): With the obvious visual advantage of JIG, a more important feature was created. The ability to show and traverse from any selected point of the RML tree. You can select folders and collections to display, not just galleries. JIG creates virtual pages according to the tree and allows navigation using a breadcrumb. Learn more
WP RML with WP/LR Lightroom plugin
WP/LR Sync is a Lightroom Publish Service for WordPress. It helps you to publish / export your photos and collections to WordPress and to keep them synchronized. Any changes on your photos (including your metadata) or your collections will trigger a re-publish. Your website will be always in sync with your Lightroom. Learn more
15 January 2017 - Version 2.8
- Added more useful error messages when changing the hierarchical order of the folders
- Added confirm dialog when you sort the files inside the folder
- Improved the performance
- Improved the way of relocating the folder tree (immediatly saved after relocating)
- Improved the way of sortable folder content (galleries), now it is possible to reorder files in every folder
- Improved naming of folders, every character is now allowed, the folder name is sanitized
- Improved the folder metadata dialog and refresh the view if needed (button click in dialog)
- Fixed bug while uploading a new plugin .zip file
- (developers only) Added autoloading for php classes
- (developers only) Added namespaces for php classes
- (developers only) Added new abstract class for Creatable's (folders, collections, galleries, ...)
- (developers only) Added new abstract class for Sortable's (folders, collections, galleries, ...) extends Creatable's
- (developers only) Added folder\Root as own class
- (developers only) Added debug mode, define('WP_DEBUG', true); and define('SCRIPT_DEBUG', true); in wp-config.php
- (developers only) Added visible debug mode in options panel
- (developers only) Added API function wp_rml_create_or_return_existing_id()
- (developers only) Added API function wp_rml_structure_reset()
- (developers only) Added admin notice for when you have PHP Version < 5.3.0
- (developers only) Improved the whole API and added wp_rml_get_object_by_id() to get folder object
- (developers only) Improved the split between Structure and CountCache (php classes)
- (developers only) Improved the php code quality
- (developers only) Removed the database table wp_realmedialibrary_order, merged with wp_realmedialibrary_posts
- (developers only) Removed unnecessary sql query in pre_get_posts
10 December 2016 - Version 2.7.2
- Added option to reset the count cache
- Fixed bug with upload in modal window
- Fixed count cache when moving from Unorganized to folder
05 December 2016 - Version 2.7.1
- Added the MatthiasWeb promotion dialog
- Fixed bug with IE8
- Fixed bug with TinyMCE editor shortcode dialog
24 November 2016 - Version 2.7
- Added natural filename sort of folders (thanks to KorbinianT)
- Added lazy loading to folder tree, now it is only loaded from server when needed
- Added: You can now directly upload files to a folder with a dropdown selection in media modal and "Add Media" page
- Fixed bug with migration on multisite installation
- Fixed bug with modal views, now it also supports lazy loading
- Fixed bug with attachment movement helper (Move x file)
- Fxied bug with plugin "Visual Composer Extensions All In One" and the tooltips
- (developers only) Improved the actions RML/Folder/Deleted|Renamed|Moved
- (developers only) Fixed bug with jQuery AIO tree version when RCM is enabled
- (developers only) Fixed bug with api method wp_attachment_folder and the default value
- (developers only) Fixed bug with creating a new folder with new order number
- (developers only) Prepare RML for Physical Press plugin and avoid folder names "." and ".."
26 October 2016 - Version 2.6.5
- Fixed bug with Justified Image Grid
- Fixed bug with migration system, no image relationships were imported
21 October 2016 - Version 2.6.4
- Fixed bug while wipe of folders in multisite installation
- Fixed bug after save in attachment details
- Fixed problem with negative -1 count
- Fixed bug when switching folder when on page 2 in table mode
- Improved tabs in options panel of RML media options
- Improved the delete behaviour of folder (files will be moved to unorganized)
- (developers only) Added a migration system for further updates
- (developers only) Added filter for parent root folder id (Default -1)
- (developers only) Fixed the usage of switch_to_blog together with api functions
- (developers only) Improved some CSS experiences (loader)
- (developers only) Improved the save point of relationship between folder and post (own database table for relationships)
25 September 2016 - Version 2.6.3
- Improved some CSS
- Fixed bug while bulk select and moving files
- Fixed bug with reopening a media select dialog
- Fixed bug with Avia / Enfold page builder
- Fixed bug with reordering the gallery data folder
- Removed deprecated ressource files
16 September 2016 - Version 2.6.2 HOTFIX
- Fixed database tables are not generated, now they are
- Info: Sorry for alle the troubles!
16 September 2016 - Version 2.6.1 HOTFIX
- (developers only) Fixed options bug while accessing other pages
15 September 2016 - Version 2.6
- Added full compatibility with WP/LR Lightroom plugin
- Added minified scripts / styles
- Added option to apply an order by title, filename, ID to gallery data folders
- Added option to disable scripts/styles on frontend viewing
- Added finnish translation (Thanks to Antti!)
- Fixed Enfold / Avia media picker bug (Thanks to Josh!)
- Fixed Thickbox bug while logged out
- Improved load performance
- Improved the order for gallery data folders
- (developers only) Added option for folders "restrict"
- (developers only) Added a minified permission system so 3rd party plugins can restrict folders interactions
19 August 2016 - Version 2.5.5
- Fixed capability bug while logged out
- (developers only) Fixed bug for crashed safari browser
08 August 2016 - Version 2.5.4
- Added option to remove advertisement links
- Fixed "Edit selection" bug while inserting media to post
21 July 2016 - Version 2.5.3
- (developers only) Fixed media.comparator bug
- (developers only) Fixed bugs with Easy Digital Downloads plugin
- (developers only) Fixed String.prototype problems
11 July 2016 - Version 2.5.2
- Added fixed toolbar while scrolling in media library
- Fixed problems with plugin "Formidable Forms"
- Fixed resize bug
- (developers only) Fixed WP query database notices in error log
- (developers only) Fixed count bug when many folders exist (performed SQL statement)
- (developers only) Improved API, wp_rml_create() now returns false or a string error array, on success it return an int (ID)
03 July 2016 - Version 2.5
- Added folder tree to insert media dialog
20 June 2016 - Version 2.4.2
- Fixed style issues
- Fixed TinyMCE bug when not admin
- Fixed PHP < 5.3 Bug with func_get_args
20 March 2016 - Version 2.4.1
10 March 2016 - Version 2.4
- added "Reamining time" and bytes/s in uploader
- added order mode in galleries
- added custom fields (meta data) for folders (see inc/api/meta.php)
- added custom field: cover image + description (not activated as standard, used in JIG)
- added warning when moving files from "All Files"
- improved move in table list mode (no page refresh)
- improved ux styling (uploader, tree, tree in upload media dialog)
- improved options panel in Settings > Media
- fixed theme preview when plugin is active
- fixed database queries to avoid long load time on dashboard
- fixed hidden folder nodes on safari browser
- fixed usage of front-end editor in BeaverBuilder and Visual Composer
- fixed bug pre_get_posts
10 March 2016 - Version 2.3
- added compatibility with JUSTIFIED IMAGE GRID 3.x
- added resizable container width
- added option to wipe all settings and releations
- added spanish translation - by Ana Ayelén Martínez. http://caribdisweb.com/
- (developers only) added "slug" and "absolute" to database table
- (developers only) added / updated api
- fixed edit mode when creating a new folder
- fixed default order in folder gallery
- fixed UX bugs (draggable, droppable, sortable)
- fixed sticky sidebar
26 Feburary 2016 - Version 2.2.3
- added Finnish translation (thanks to palvelu)
- added more attractive alerts and prompt windows
- fixed visual bugs
- fixed delete bug => when folder is deleted, switch view to root
- fixed upload percentage issue
- fixed live update of folder count
- fixed upload in "Insert media" dialog => file is now in correct folder
- fixed drag and drop experience
- moved folder gallery button above visual editor into visual editor
- (developers only) added more actions and filters
20 January 2016 - Version 2.2.2
- HOT bugfix error in creating a folder gallery
17 January 2016 - Version 2.2.1
- added filters and actions (developers)
- added three more api functions (developers)
- added facebook advert on plugin activation
- restyled upload window
- font awesome fix
29 December - Version 2.2
- fixed AJAX bug
- fixed conditional tag to create / sort items
- fixed count bug (WPML)
- fixed duplicate name
- added sticky container when scrolling
- added collection and galleries folder types
- added collapsable folders
- added API functions (look inc/api/)
- added left infos about folder structure
- added option to hide upload preview (for slow loading pc's)
- PHP Code rewritten (better split in view and structure)
- PHP Code documentation improved
22 November - Version 2.1.2
- added french translation (thanks to Youpain)
- fixed rename bug
- fixed count bug when WPML in usage
13 November 2015 - Version 2.1.1
- removed unnecessary code
- fixed jquery conflict
07 November 2015 - Version 2.1
- add multisite compatibility
- correct sorting (not alphabetic)
- fixed suddenly disappeared folders when created 3rd level folder
03 November 15 - Version 2.0
- support PHP version < 5.4
- version milestone - Thanks for purchasing!
02 November 15 - Version 1.3
- added nice uploading to folder
29 October 15 - Version 1.2
- works now with RevSlider >= 5.0
- added notice about is alphabetic sorting
21 October 15 - Version 1.1
- pre_get_posts appending meta_query fixed
- pre_get_posts capability added
- moving in list table fixed
- style fix (drag and drop helper)
- limit of folder gallery images removed
16 October 15 - Version 1.0.1
- delete folder without page reload
- rename folder without page reload
- fixed https resources
06 October 15 - Version 1.0:
- initial review
RML provides an well documented API, you can find it in wp-content/realmedialibrary/inc/api/api.php.